VPBC is a church of great variety. We welcome people of all backgrounds to unite in shared belief and action. We have met on this site for 150 years and are seeking to be relevant in this third millennium after the coming of Christ.
Our regular Sunday meetings are at 10.30am. We are meeting in person again in the downstairs hall which can be accessed from Bunsen Street. Come and worship together with us. See below for more details.
We are meeting in person again in the downstairs hall.
Following the government lifting Covid restrictions, in our church meeting we agreed to proceed cautiously and not remove all restrictions in our church services.
We agreed the following:
1) We will keep wearing our masks during the service
2) We can sing but with masks still on and with less gusto
3) We will have seats 1 metre apart but have some arranged 2 metres aparts for those who would like to keep more distance
4) We will increase ventillation by opening some doors and windows
5) We will provide refreshments in disposable cups after the service. Drinks will be prepared by volunteers who have had a negative lateral flow test result
These measures are intended to strike a balance between safety for all and increased freedom and will be reviewed as the Covid situation changes.
Thank you for your patience and kindness to each other.
We will be posting our sermons which are available for download here.
Unfortunately there are several holes and they are letting in water. We have been advised to replace the whole roof as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
It is beyond our means to pay for this at present so we are looking at a variety of solutions, including fundraising.
Please consider giving towards the roof repairs so that we can continue to tell and be good news in our community for the next 150 years. Thank you.
Click here to give to our Roof Appeal
You can find links to our latest sermons here.